Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hydration subsitution

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has to force water down my throat to hydrate myself.  I know there are water lovers out there I'm just not one of them.  For me to drink a bottle of water a day is an absolute miracle and even at times I forget to drink water.  So, I wont get into how important water is for you but I will tell you that I found a substitute that makes it all better for me to actually even like water and detox the system at the same time.  Its refreshing, good for your skin, and tastes good as well! I make a detox water for myself every night so that its fresh in the morning to drink.  It consists of:
1 full cucumber (sliced)
15 mint leaves (picked these fresh from my backyard)
1 full lime (sliced and partly squeezed in the water)
1 bottle full of mineral water

I also switch up the ingredients every now so I don't get bored with the flavor.  This is part of my daily cleanse to flush out toxins and hydrate myself.  How these ingredients work to detox:

Cucumber: contains citrulline helps the kidney and liver filter and gets rid of ammonia. 
Lime: stimulates bile and the digestive system.  Bile helps break down fats into fatty acids
Mint leaves: helps with the flow of bile and with your digestion

voila!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment